6 Nursing Diagnosis related to Gestational Diabetes

Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that afflicts women during pregnancy. Being diagnosed with diabetes during pregnancy presents risks for both mothers and their babies. In the case of gestational diabetes an individual's sugar level usually goes back to normal after delivery, nonetheless you will have a significantly greater potential risk of acquiring diabetes type 2 sometime in the future. Having gestational diabetes does not mean the baby will be born with diabetes; however, if gestational diabetes goes untreated or unmonitored, there is high risk for health complications for both mother and infant. This can result in the baby producing too much insulin in the womb and gaining too much weight, thereby, resulting in premature birth.

Published in the journal Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiolgoy in August 2013, included 128,295 pregnancies that took place between 2002 and 2008:

Gestational diabetes was diagnosed in 5,606 pregnancies
women with depression were 42 percent more likely to develop Gestational diabetes than women without depression.

Gestational Diabetes Symptoms

Normally diabetes is detected at the time of routine medical tests which are done during a pregnancy. Under rare circumstances, for example in case your blood sugar level has gone through the roof, chances are you may suffer with a few of the common symptoms of diabetes, for instance:
  • Persistently being thirsty
  • Urinating with greater regularity
  • Consistent hunger

Gestational diabetes is detected via a glucose tolerance test. If your doctor thinks you are at risk, you may be tested as early as 13 weeks into your pregnancy. Otherwise, it is usually taken around week 24 to week 28. The test is administered by drinking a glucose solution, and having blood drawn an hour later for blood sugar levels testing.


6 Nursing Diagnosis related to Gestational Diabetes

1. Risk for Imbalanced Nutrition: less than body requirements
related to:
  • inability to digest and use the nutrients are less precise.

2. Risk for injury: fetus
related to:
  • maternal glucose levels,
  • changes in the circulation.
3. Risk for injury: maternal
related to:
  • the inadequate diabetic control,
  • abnormal blood profile or anemia,
  • tissue hypoxia and changes in the general response.
4. Knowledge Deficit: about diabetic condition, prognosis and treatment measures need
related to:
  • lack of information,
  • misinformation and do not know the source of information.
5. Risk for trauma, fetal gas exchange
related to:
  • the inadequate maternal diabetic control,
  • makrosomnia or intra-uterine growth retardation.
6. Anxiety
related to:
  • critical or threatening situations on maternal or fetal health status.

13 Responses to "6 Nursing Diagnosis related to Gestational Diabetes"

  1. I'm 57 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 57 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of  Dr Akhigbe   total cure herbal medicine. my husband saw his testimony on the internet he used his powerful medicine to cured different diseases. we contacted his email   [drrealakhigbe@gmail.com}   He has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and others diseases, will cure you totally and permanently with his natural organic herbs,We received the medicine through courier delivery service. I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.
    Dr Akhighe also cured diseases like, HERPES, DIABETES, HIV/AIDS, COPD, CANCER,ASTHMA,STROKE,LUPUS,JOINT PAIN,CHRONIC DISEASES,PARKINSON DISEASES,TUBERCULOSIS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,BREAST INFECTION,WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM, GINGIVITIS, ERYSIPELAS,STAPHYLOCOCCUS,HEPATITIS A/B, QUICK EJACULATION, IMMUNOTHERAPY, GONORRHEA,SYPHILIS,WAST/BACK PAIN,PELVIC INFLAMMATORY, DICK ENLARGEMENT,HEART DISEASES,TERMINAL ILLNESS,SHIFT IN FOCUS,ATAXIA,COMMON COLD,CROHN'S DISEASES,ALCOHOL SPECTRUM DISORDER,GRAVES DISEASE,HEARING LOSS, INTERSTITIA CYSTITIS,LEUKEMIA,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,OBESITY,RABIES,SCOLIOSIS,INFLUENZA, POLIO,JACOB,ETC. If you are out there looking for your cure please  contact  dr Akhigbe  by his email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or contact his whatsapp number   +2349010754824
    God bless you Dr Akhigbe for your good hand work on my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS TO DR OSAZE WHO CURERD ME OF STAPHYLOCOCUS INFECTION, I WAS INFECTED WITH STAPH FOR OVER FIVE YEARS, I VISITED SEVERAL HOSPITAL AND BOUGHT ALL KINDS OF ANTIBIOTICS FOR TREATMENT, ALL TO NO AND VAIL, NTIL SOMEONE RECOMMENDED ME TO DR OSAZE HERBAL HOME, AND HE ADMINISTERED HIS HERBAL MEDICATION ON ME, AND I WAS CURED WITHIN A MONTHAND A WEEK.
      IN CASE YOU ARE FACING SUCH PROBLEM, AND YOU NEEDS DR OSAZE ASSISTANCE, YOU CAN CALL OR WHATSAP HIM ON +2347089275769 OR EMAIL DROSAZE39@GMAIL.COM

      Delete
    2. I want to give a testimony on how I was cured from herpes ii virus after using Doctor Patrick liquid herbal medicines for one month only, i found about Doctor Patrick on newspaper, I had to take his email and phone number and then contacted him, I explained everything to him and he assured me that he can help me and I will be free from this infection forever. He sent me the medicines and I started using according to his instructions, after two weeks of using the medicines, I saw great changes, I continued using the medicine until I used it all for one month, I was cured totally, no more symptoms and I went for another diagnosis, the Doctor gave me my test result and it came out negative, I want to thank God for making this come true and I want to thank Doctor Patrick for what he has done for me, contact this herbal doctor on herbalmedicalhome@gmail.com and whatsApp number is +2348021312463.

      Delete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, I am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called Dr Imoloa. I was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, I went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking on how I can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where I can get a solution. I go through many websites where I saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. I did not believe but I decided to give him a try, I contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which I received through DHL courier service. I took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test I was confirmed herpes negative. Am so free and happy. So, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. Or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. He also has
    herbal cure for, FEVER, BODY PAIN, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, BULIMIA DISEASE, INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE, CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE, NEOPLASMS, MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.
    website- www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!


    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda S.’s COPD made her feel short of breath and like she was constantly dragging. While her inhalers helped some, she just didn’t feel like herself anymore.
    After having life-threatening pneumonia, she knew something had to change. A friend of hers mentioned multivitamin herbal formula restoration treatment, so Rhonda did
    some research and decided to receive treatment at the multivitamin herbal cure. “I started to feel better almost right away,” Rhonda said.
    And, along with feeling better, she began to do things she couldn’t do before treatment. Now, Rhonda can take showers, work in her flower garden, and she enjoys having more energy. It’s with a great deal of hope, Rhonda says, “I feel more like myself.”
    Like Rhonda, you can breathe easier and bring normal life back within reach. If you or someone you love has a chronic lung disease and would like more information, contact them today by calling (+1 (956) 758-7882 to visit their website multivitamincare .org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this is awesome! The timing is also perfect! I am working on water bottles for the cancer survivors at my church and was doing something very similar just different wording.
    top hospitals in madurai

    hospital in madurai

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to give a testimony on how I was cured from herpes ii virus after using Doctor Patrick liquid herbal medicines for one month only, i found about Doctor Patrick on newspaper, I had to take his email and phone number and then contacted him, I explained everything to him and he assured me that he can help me and I will be free from this infection forever. He sent me the medicines and I started using according to his instructions, after two weeks of using the medicines, I saw great changes, I continued using the medicine until I used it all for one month, I was cured totally, no more symptoms and I went for another diagnosis, the Doctor gave me my test result and it came out negative, I want to thank God for making this come true and I want to thank Doctor Patrick for what he has done for me, contact this herbal doctor on herbalmedicalhome@gmail.com and whatsApp number is +2348021312463.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm 61 years old. I contracted HPV in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was able to get rid of my herpes with herbal medicine which was prepared and shipped to me by Dr AKHIGBE. He's a great herbalist and medicine man everyone should know about, he has cures for all types of diseases and viruses in the body. You may need Dr AKHIGBE assistance. His email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349021374574.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healing successor Dr Akhigbe !!! I am posting this Really hoping I give some hope to those families that deal with chronic pain such as herpes, diabetes, cancer etc I saw a huge improvement in just a few days and feel like its actually going, So happy to report that I have seen an unbelievable huge improvement on my Herpes after being cured with the use of Natural medication...In just less than two weeks!! More energy, no pain actually and not being on flares. I feel great and amazing, smiling and laughing so much now, less anxiety and less repetitive questions, aches and fatigue complaints which have pretty much been issues in the struggle etc. These Dr Akhigbe Herbal medication are also known by many to work for arthritis, Diabetes, insomnia, anxiety, depression, crohn's, PTSD, COPD, HPV, ALS,  IBS and lots of conditions They ship worldwide . kindly contact his email: drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2349021374574.  

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing Health Guest Post this is awesome! The timing is also perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Powered by Blogger.